Saturday, July 21, 2012

A chemo holiday is a great thing!

Many readers may know that I am taking oral chemo. It is nothing like the chemo treatments I had last year, but it is no picnic, nevertheless. I take two sets of pills every day for two weeks, then I have a one week holiday. Right now I am halfway through my third holiday, and it is wonderful -- no depressing thoughts, a lot more energy, a brighter outlook. My appetite continues to be abysmal, and I am steadily losing weight. Trying to eat whenever I get an urge, having anything that is in the least bit appetizing. Eggplant is nice. Lamb with spinach curry is good. Any other kind of meat just won't go down. In the past month I have had beautiful visits with both of my children, and grandchildren. I have loved being with them -- what a special family I have! No sugar coating means acknowledging that I have had pretty powerful pain to deal with, especially at night. A warm grain pillow helps me to feel better. Singing helps us to feel better. How will I ever repay my prince for singing with me? "Don't be afraid, my love is stronger, my love is stronger than your fear. Don't be afraid, my love is stronger, and I have promised, promised to be always near".

No comments: