Thursday, April 14, 2011

This Planetary Pilgrim Gets Ready, and Leans on Her Team

The post immediately below this was written by Josh Martin, and it documents some of the lessons he learned as he walked his journey through Leukemia. He is one of my heroes. At the time he was diagnosed he was in his 20's.

Josh's story is told with clarity and humour. Look him up at:
joshmartinink.wordpress.com


One of Josh's brothers is Dan Martin. Dan happens to be my son-in-law. 

I am sharing part of an essay Josh wrote because it gives me hope and because I do not have many words as I prepare for my first appointment with the Chemotherapy Team tomorrow. To tell you the absolute truth, I feel very very small today. Yet, even today, I know that I am part of a beautiful Universe. I know that I am surrounded by a whole company of loved ones, some on this side of eternity, some on the other side. I am accompanied by family, friends, colleagues, and by Josh's spirit and example.

If you have time, I highly recommend Josh's writings. He gives me courage. Today, in my silence and smallness, I lean on his words ... and expect to see you and so many others, on the way to Santiago.

No comments: